Friday, December 01, 2006

Early December update

First Friday
(Block Party @ Las Vegas Arts District)
Friday December 1st
9:30 pm
209 E Colorado St.
www.firstfriday-lasvegas.org

Featuring Mundo Juillerat's wonderful Hot Club of Las Vegas (HCLV), with guest vocalist Carol Linnea Johnson of Mamma Mia at Mandalay Bay. HCLV will also again be performing this Sunday at:

reJAVAnate
Sunday December 3rd
1-3 pm
3300 E. Flamingo Road, #23
(at Pecos)
Las Vegas, NV 89121

Located in the Renaissance III Shopping Plaza between
Food 4 Less & Hollywood Video
______

Saturday, December 2nd, my bro' Ronnie Foster again throws down with his great band at the University Patio Bar & Grill, 4275 S. Maryland Parkway, by UNLV. Music starts at 9:30 pm. UPDATE: Ronnie just called me to say that his friend Earl Klugh is in town and will be by the gig.


AN FYI FROM JERRY
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be performing at the E-STRING nightclub/restaurant on this coming Tuesday night at 9:00. Located at 2031 W Sunset Rd. in Green Valley. I will be joining Bill Zappia, Tommy Alvarado, Joel Richman, and Chris Gordon.

We have a great little 5 piece that plays jazz, funk, and R&B. With maybe a few guests sitting in?!!
Lots of fun! Please come out and help us create more live music venues for Las Vegas acts.

Thanks,

Jerry Lopez
_______

'NUTHER UPDATE

Ya simply gotta check out Robert Conti's MySpace site (www.myspace.com/robertconti). This cat, who I am now totally blessed to regard as my friend, is the baddest traditional genre jazz guitarist I ever heard.

Robert and I share some early '60's musical era roots (although he got all the chops; I'm just this musically retired shleppy funk-rocker that can play a little jazz). We're the same age (60), he's from Philly, I grew up in Jersey, and we both played the Jersey shore resorts in the summer of 1964, he in Wildwood, me in Seaside Heights. We'd both go to the after-hours jazz joints in Atlantic City after our gigs ended on the weekends. But we never met, until one night here when I was out covering the totally badass Steven Lee Group gig at Red Rock. Rocco Barbato introduced us, and we hit it off. Robert keeps me laughin'! I love the cat.

Robert Conti is a musical genius. I don't think that's overstating it. Seriously. For you guitarists, Robert is a one-man publishing industry with a mountain of unreal teaching method products available.


No comments: