Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sunday Jazz at Sonny's

So, I Cheryl and I went over to Sonny's on W. Flamingo just west of the 215 to listen to Boy Katindig and his group. Thought I'd get a few pics, but this cat kept gettin' in my way, muscling in on my turf. "Dude, BobbyG takes the gig pics in this town."

LOL! Just kidding. It was our bro' from 97.1 FM The Point Jazz Show co-host Ric Gould and his lovely wife/co-host Jackie. Cheryl and I had planned to hook up with them at Sonny's.

A big bonus for us was getting to listen to our dear friend Adrian Garcia playing with the band. Cat plays so fine.

That's Todd Smith on tubs. Fine, fine drummer. I did not get the name of the reed player, my Bad. Excellent player, he is, too. They sounded great. Sonny's is a nice venue, I hope the music thing will continue there on Sundays.

UPDATE: the sax player is Danny Dandan, yet another Bad Boy on reeds. His MySpace page is here.

Ric has been taking gig pics too lately. Below, some nice ones he shot at the Irv Gordon memorial jam at the E-String yesterday.

Below, one Ric shot out at the 97.1 Lake Las Vegas Jazz on the Lake show (Jim Spoto band).

Yeah, man.

See y'all tomorrow night at The Palms. Remember to pick up a Christmas CD. Only ten bucks at the gig.

No comments: