Thursday, May 01, 2008

May 1st updates

Yo, everybody...

It's May Day. Hmmm...OK, From the 1996 Champlin "MayDay" CD (which features Jerry, Rochon, and Eddie Garcia, btw):

Around town tonight and this weekend (that I know of among our peeps): Our friends Phoenix officially start at The Hilton tonight. These cats are off-the-hook fine. They are:
They'll also be at the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta show this Saturday, Fiesta Rancho.

Other stuff:

Michito's "Salsero" continues at South Point tonight. Free show. Also tonight, my bro' Ronnie Foster (nice pic, dude) and his "Funk's Way" lineup will be again throwin' it down at The Ice House.

Next...

Tomorrow and Saturday, 6 - 9 pm at the Ovation showroom at Green Valley Ranch, Michael Grimm debuts his new lineup featuring His Bad Self with an 11 piece band (w/horns) that includes the fabulous John Wedemeyer (nice pic, dude, LOL!).

Also, tomorrow night our Sistah Elisa Furr is part of a Pink Floyd Tribute show with Yellow Brick Road at Boulder Station in the Railhead.

And, don't forget Latin Breeze (featuring Rob and Gil of The Fat City Horns), weekends at Texas Station.

BTW, this Sunday, The Fat City Horns are doing The Childrens' Heart Association Benefit in Bobby Darin’s name at the Alexis Park at 2pm.

HOMELESS VETERANS' STAND DOWN UPDATE

I'm doing my solo acoustic 12-string schtick (homies welcome to come hang and sit in) for the Vegas Homeless Veterans annual stand-down support event on the 14th and 15th (gonna play from about 11 am to 1 pm). They could use some more performers to pop in and do 30-45 minutes or so. Let me know (283-1355 cell or bobbyg@bgladd.com email). There's a dinner set also on the 14th and 15th from 5 to 7 pm. I'm supplying sound in addition to performing the lunch gigs. It's one more great cause to get behind.

LOL, I'm dustin' off a way old Loggins & Messina tune I used to do, "But It's Alright," from their 1976 "Native Sons" LP.

The goofy, mildly political message is comin' back into relevance (as are some of my old clothes, haha).

MY OTHER BLOG

FYI, I recently started another blog, "BobbyG's Binge Thinking" -- wherein I will randomly rant about other (non-music) stuff that interests or irritates me. Comments always welcome.

FRIDAY UPDATE

Ronnie Foster appears tonight (May 2nd), 7 - 10pm, poolside at The Orleans as part of the 105.7 FM Free Jazz Fridays series.

No comments: