Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Our sincere condolences to Tiger Woods and family

CYPRESS, Calif. (AP/MSNBC, May 3, 2006) - Earl Woods, who was more determined to raise a good son than a great golfer and became the architect and driving force behind Tiger Woods’ phenomenal career, died Wednesday morning at his home in Cypress, Calif. He was 74.

“My dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply,” Tiger Woods said on his Web site. “I’m overwhelmed when I think of all of the great things he accomplished in his life. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend. I wouldn’t be where I am today without him, and I’m honored to continue his legacy of sharing and caring.”

Tiger, we share your pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Tiger fan and this is big. May Earl rest in peace and I'm sorry for his loss. His dad pushed him to be the great golfer and person Tiger is today.