Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bill Champlin this Monday!

It is gonna be stone-cold nasty, man! Expect a totally crazed, SRO house.

On that note, please don't call me to ask me to reserve you tables. I always reserve a couple at Jerry's request based on his need at any given show, but lately more and more fans are calling me to reserve seats for them, so they can slide in late and still have prime turf. I'll be turning my cell phone off Monday night. Really don't wanna be in the middle of others' irritation any more when they get there early and see so many empty tables "reserved." Please understand.

We got our shipment of additional CD inventory and posters yesterday. The posters are killer. $10 each. I will have them at the gig.

TODAY'S SPARE-US-THE-BULLSHIT REPORT

From MSNBC:
'...Fans circulated a petition last week that received more than 900 signatures, asking Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon [Paris] Hilton. Their spectacular argument: "She provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. If the late Former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late Former President Nixon after his mistakes, we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well." Schwarzenegger's office responded that he would only act in "extraordinary circumstances." Is he dying to see the next season of "The Simple Life?"...'
Bwa-a-a-hhhhhhhhh....cry me a friggin' tsunami. Sorry. I just don't get this chick.

TOMORROW

97.1 FM Sunday morning jazz show with Ric & Jackie Gould. It's great. I've quit having the Sunday morning TV talking heads news/interview shows on, and instead listen to their jazz show. Much better for the soul.

Also, tomorrow night:


Wed/Thurs: BobbyG gets off his butt to play


Next week I'm gonna kick the tires on my new hoss of a PA and see if I can still get through several 2-hour sets of my old acoustic book (as well as some new originals) without making a complete ass of myself. This event is not open to the public, but I met with them yesterday, and Marcia Wiegand, the coordinator here for USvetsinc.org, said any military veteran is welcome to come and hang.

They do extremely worthy work, and, as the son of a disabled WWII Veteran, I am totally pleased to get involved.

My Pop, who will be 91 next month, is the last surviving brother of the five who fought. He is now in a Florida nursing home with dementia (since late 2001), and on the 25th of this month I am scheduled to fly him out here to place him in a Vegas facility that has agreed to take him, so that I can look after him more closely and try to improve his quality of remaining life. That is gonna be an adventure! My Mom and Dad have been married for 63 years! We're also in the process of moving her to my Sister's place in Michigan (she's not well either). Man!...

ERRATA: MOVIE REVIEW

I rented this movie and watched it last night.

OMG! Forest Whitaker, dude! What a performance! Wow. Outa the park and into the next time zone.

SUNDAY UPDATE: JAM - "Just Another Man"

There's a full page ad for Clint Holmes' upcoming new musical "Jam" on page 14B of the R-J today (click the image to enlarge).

You know it'll be great. It's Clint. Break a leg, bro'.

JUST FOR GRINS, STEVEN WRIGHT



No comments: