Thursday, June 12, 2008

A letter from Adrian

One Door Closes, Another Door Opens

"One door closes, and another door opens." Sounds like a common cliche, doesn't it? It's something someone would quickly say to help you feel better then walk away and forget. Something i would have once written off as a simply saying without much substance or merit. Things happen for a reason and one door closes, another one opens. Cancer happens for a reason. Hmmm...OK, I know this now. It happened to make me a better man. It improved me. I am a better man, and I can get better yet.

I now have purpose in my life Real purpose. Not purpose to drive a better car. Not purpose to buy a more expensive instrument. I am quite content with what I have. I have a Purpose to make a difference, To let people know that therer is hope. Purpose to take time out to help someone in need. To live right, to love, to forgive.

To do good things. And all good things come from above.

So let God's love and His blessings rain down upon you. And begin to live life with purpose. Begin loving, begin blessing, and be blessed.

- Adrian Garcia, 2006

[ Click to enlarge ]
______

I just bought and read a short book yesterday, entitled "The True Patriot." Given that I know Adrian was truly a "Patriot for Jesus," had I been asked to say a few words of reflection today at his memorial, I would likely have offered this quick excerpt from it, taken from John Winthrop's 1630 "A Model of Christian Charity":

"...we must be knit together, in this work, as one... We must entertain each other in brotherly [and sisterly] affection. We must be willing to abridge ourselves of our superfluities, for the supply of others’ necessities. We must uphold a familiar commerce together in all meekness, gentleness, patience and liberality. We must delight in each other; make others’ conditions our own; rejoice together, mourn together, labor and suffer together, always having before our eyes our commission and community in the work, as members of the same body. So shall we keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace..."

I think Adrian would agree. I am gonna miss you, bro'. And I will never forget you and your family.

Sincere thanks to all of you that came today.
______

A NICE TRIBUTE

Undercover Productions (uplv.net) posted a nice tribute page on their site. Has a video clip of Adrian with Jim Buck and Cocho playing The Foundation Room in 2005.

No comments: