Thursday, June 19, 2008

Some quick late midweek updates

Ronnie Foster appears again tonight at The Ice House, 8 pm - 11:30 pm, with his Funk's Way lineup. No cover no minimum. Michael Grimm is back tomorrow and Saturday at The Ovation Room in Green Valley Ranch, 7 pm. Again, no cover, no minimum. This is his gig with his horn band -- btw, the horns are now officially "The Big Easy Horns."

I did some shots in my living room for Tyriq's new funk band "Jamestown" yesterday afternoon. That's keyboardist Mike on the right.

Is Tyriq lookin' GQ fly or what? 'eh?

New jazz spot in town, Caylix Jazz Supper Club, Sahara and Decatur.

We wish them every success.

Below, website pic from our Austin TX bro's, Tortilla Factory.

Check 'em out. Buy their stuff.

A BIT OF GLORIOUS HISTORY

I brought my Ma to the house last weekend and played my Clint Holmes DVD for her while she was there. She really dug it. This morning I found this older YouTube clip of Clint and the guys doing "Rendevous." Check out Jerry's hair. LOL! It looked cool. That's Lenny on percussion, btw.



That was one amazing show.

OFF-TOPIC, BLOGGER'S PREROGATIVE

My Grandson Keenan, now 14 and as tall as me, is a nationally ranked USTA tennis player (and an honor student -- who just got a full ride to a private high school -- and perfect gentleman who can be routinely seen/heard with Santa Fe blaring out of his iPod earphones).

They finally put the Juggs radar gun on his serve. 121 mph. Yikes. I would never get my racket on the ball. He's gonna kickin' my nascent geriatric ass at hoops shortly too. Yep, count on it.

No comments: