Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nathan Tanouye this weekend

This Saturday, 2 pm, at the Black Label Bar (Decatur & Spring Mt. Rd.), our resident Fat City genius trombonist/composer/arranger Nathan Tanouye will perform with his jazz sextet and 10 pc ensemble. You just know it'll be awesome.
___

BTW, as I have time, I'm gonna post some of Chris Sedgwick's fabulous shots from Monday night. Here's one he shot of Nathan.

Cat cleans my clock. Man, the sharpness (click the image to enlarge). Superior optics and post-processing. Great stuff, Chris.

MICHITO UPDATE

JOIN US THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 19
FOR A ONE HOUR TV TAPING SPECIAL of SALSERO's THIRD THURSDAY
at the SOUTH POINT SHOWROOM.

Airing of the show will be next week at TELEVISA.
_____

MORE CHRIS SEDGWICK SHOTS FROM MONDAY NIGHT

Really fine work. As I said to Chris in an email earlier today:

"I gotta spend some time to see how much more I can get out of mine with some serious post work. I simply dump 'em into iPhoto when I get home, tweak 'em just a bit (mostly right in iPhoto), drop 'em out, downsize the keepers for upload, and then throw 'em up on the blog. I usually have my gig report blog post up online by 4 or 5 in the morning following the show. I've never spent much time doing post processing.
"

I'll probably mostly continue that M.O. in the interest of timeliness, but seein' shots of this beautiful quality is a wake-up call to make my best shots better via some more concerted post-processing (about which I have much to learn).
_____

No comments: