Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10th: Happy Mother's Day

I'll be hangin' with my Mom later today. Our son Nick is here at the moment fixin' brunch for his Mom. And, my Grandson Keenan will be here in a bit with his Mom.

MIDNIGHT GIG AT PALACE STATION

First, a hearty shout-out to our great fans from Ireland.

"Aye, wee nohw plahn our vay-CAHY-shions ahround th' bahnd, aye!"
___

Little bit better turnout this night. Thanks to the Paul Anka band cats for coming. I hope we get time to build this hang, to get the word out to other local performers and visiting artists.

The band was still plagued by some PA patching problems, and the mix took a while to get zoned it, but by "Oh, Nena," the guys and Sonny had found the pocket. Dave's new original "Indian Summer Day" was way fine. Abe had to step up on lead vocal (Tony Davich normally does this one). Not an easy song to sing.

I did not have my best night ever behind the lense (in part, distracted 'cause Cheryl is home 'til Tuesday). But here are a few shots...

See y'all at The Monday night Palms hang, 10:30 pm.
___



No comments: