Saturday, October 31, 2009

Champlin Tour rehearsal - Wow!

So, lucky me: I've just spent two hours in the presence of total, slammin', utterly congenial yet deadly serious hipness, in a tiny rehearsal studio room the size of a motel room over on Oquendo. And, we get to witness a pre-tour set Monday night, when Bill and his tour lineup will open the Santa Fe gig at The Palms. Based on what I just heard, y'all are in for an amazing kickoff event. Free!

Click the Bill Champlin link over in the right side column to order the CD if you don't already have it. You can get it from iTunes as well. I bought both. Link to the tour schedule is here.


Above: many of you may not know that Rochon sings his butt off.

Below: an interesting, now vestigial road case...

___

BTW, tonight is Michael Grimm's last night at Green Valley Ranch. 7 pm in the Ovation Showroom, no cover, no minimum. Come and hang if you can. I will be there.
___

No comments: