Thursday, January 07, 2010

"Negrita" night at The Bootlegger

One fine hang.

Jerry called me last night, after a day-long rehearsal. "What the hell was I thinkin'..." Meaning the over-optimism of locking down 14 tunes from the Negrita CD to his satisfaction in one rehearsal.

Not to worry.

Great crowd, great energy. Lotta love in the house.

The most stressed cat on the property was Tim Scott. But, I hope in the aggregate he had a good time 'cuz he certainly stepped up totally, and everyone dug him.

Bro', Jerry wouldn't have asked you had he any doubt. Mission accomplished.

More shots, randomly...

Gabe on the kit is simply wonderful to behold.

We had a plethora of great peeps sittin' in. Derek Jones, Serena Henry, Abe LaMarca, Dave Richardson, John Wedemeyer, Perdomo...

Excellent.
___

THURSDAY UPDATES

Jerry Fink and his daughter Jerri came in last night. Jerry (former long-time entertainment reporter for the Las Vegas Sun) and Jerri have started a new Vegas entertainment website, "TheJerryFink.com."

Cool. Bookmark it. I'll be putting in a permanent link on the blog shortly.

ROLL TIDE, ROLL

You know where my sympathies lie, LOL! I'll be glued to the TeeVee. After which I'm gonna go cover Tony Davich and the cats ("Phoenix") at the Las Vegas Country Saloon on Fremont street.

FLYER FOR THE UPCOMING CARING PLACE EVENT

I uploaded a PDF file copy of it here. Pay it forward. Help me spread the word.

No comments: