Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sept 20th gig at The Palms: li'l bro' Michael Grimm, America's Got Talent winner sitting in

OK, well that was totally fine. I shot more than 300 pics. Got a lot to review and triage. Gonna post some before I crash. Some of you know the drill by now. Because of DayGigIstan, I can no longer stay up way late doing my blog updates after the shows. So, the bulk of this will have to wait 'til after I get off work and then go hang with my Ma for a while at the nursing home.

"America's Got Talent" 2010 winner, our friend and Santa Fe alum Michael Grimm.


Michael, we all love you and are all so thrilled for your success. Keep your True North, l'il bro'. And, remember, we are always here for you.

Of course, there's always something else goin' down. Below, Brian Monroney (Tom Jones show) sat in and ripped up a ride on "System of Survival."
Wow, man...

In a word: slammin'...

Stay tuned for more. All I got time for at the moment.
___

TUESDAY EVENING UPDATE

I have so many shots, my head is spinning. Let the random photo essay begin...

Above, the "Hat City Horns," LOL. Backstory: Santa Fe and The Fat City Horns have a long-time hardcore fan, Fred, whom I first met 5 years ago at the Palace Station gigs. Great cat. We used to share a table (he once, as he was leaving early, said "I have a rule. I have to be in bed by 11 -- or I have to go home.")

He moved to central America several years ago. So, last night he shows up with a huge stash of Panama hats and hands them out to everyone in the band.


Yeah, man, ya just had to be there...

Also, backstage prior to the show, the baddest sound cat in the world (former keyboardist and Santa Fe alum), Sonny Maupin. He gets it right EVERY night.

Props also once again to Greg Sinclair for his tireless pro bono light board work. I coudn't get any shots worth a flip without you, Greg.
___

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great. 9/20 was my birthday.
If I had known this, I would have flown there!! A HUGE MICHAEL FAN.

Will you please tell him to sing," A change is gonna come." By Sam Cooke.
He is white, but it is ok, right?
It will be beyond gorgeous.

Dale Sullivan said...

MARVELOUS SHOTS! I'D LIKE TO HEAR HIM DO THE AL WILSON SONG, "LOVE ME GENTLE, LOVE ME BLIND", `CAUSE, WHITE, BLACK, GREEN OR PURPLE, DUDE GOT SOUL!

Diane (dazma) said...

Fabulous shots--thanks so much for these!!

Joena said...

Bobby, I absolutely looove your shots! I could only hope to be as good as you are one day...(and very soon, I hope)! ;-) I'm looking at your photos from San Diego, Ca! I've been here since 9/11 visiting my family! I hope to be home 1st week of October! Man...I miss an awesome gig last Monday, huh? Damn! Thanks SO much for posting the video! See you guys when I get back! PS: Glad to see Michael back home with us in Las Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pics and keeping fans posted. I wanted MG to win from day one and as a grandma too, I know how proud his grandparents are. Michael has reached beyond borders as very few can do. He has the hearts of the young, middle and older generations and color is no barrier for him either. He has it going on and pray he keeps it forever! God bless him and Lucy!

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos. Congratulations to Michael. You totally deserved to win. You are no Michael Bolton, no Joe Cocker. You are MICHAEL GRIMM. You're original. We love you and support you all the way. Looking forward to your new album and we are coming to see you whenever your headline show is up in LV. Love from Texas.

Jan D said...

These pictures are absolutely amazing! I love Michael's music, his voice, and especially his sweet and easy spirit. What a great person!! Thanks for posting all these great photos!!

Jan from Sugar Land, TX