Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sept 24th updates

First of all, our friend Rachel Eckroth has recently had a website re-design, and it's very hip, www.racheleckroth.com. You can hear Rachel on my latest "Friends of Santa Fe" podcast (Volume 6). Also, check out the samples from her new CD over at CD Baby, and buy her new work.

Yeah, very cool...
___

Tonight, at Green Valley Ranch, 9 pm, free show, the Lon Bronson All Stars in the Ovation showroom. Tyriq will be performing with them. According to Lon, "Tyriq Johnson is our featured guest Artiste this Thursday, September 24th at GVR from 9pm-11pm. No one does justice to E,W & Fire like this man."


CORDLE-SCOTT BAND
RETURNS TO THE RHYTHM KITCHEN SATURDAY

Very cool. The Rhythm Kitchen is located at South Decatur & Sunset, just north off the 215 exit.

OFF TOPIC: MY OTHER ONGOING PROJECT, LOL!

Took my Ma out for a ride Sunday in the minivan I bought to ferry her around for episodic respite from the nursing home.

It did not go particularly well. I can get her in and out OK using the portable ramp, but I'm gonna have to install a secure wheelchair seatbelt lockdown harness for her, so she never has to transfer outa the wheelchair. I had to get staff help to get her back into the wheelchair when I took her back to the facility.

She is not doin' well. Very sad to see. Been in that nursing home two years now (April and I brought her out here in July 2007, and it's been slowly downhill ever since). Imagine my internal conflict.
___

ROCK & ROLL Rx

Some of you know that I've been researching and writing extensively (and skeptically) about "health care reform" lately (4 posts total on the topic).



Funny stuff, bro'.

OK, an email from my pal Robert Conti:
Outrageous clip on the blog from Paul Hipp.

Trivia for you:

Paul Hipp, Andreas Oberg and I are all very good friends!

Andreas Oberg is the guy with the guitar @1:12 In 2007, he made it a point to track me down at NAMM. He immediately became my "adopted" son from Sweden, visits me here frequently in Las Vegas and we always hang at NAMM. I would do anything in my power that's necessary to help him and advance his career. At just 30 years old, he is one of the very best alive today, the very real deal!! When you have time to hear authentic Django, let me know I will turn you on to his stuff. If I recall, Mundo went to see Andreas in the UK a few years ago.

The attached picture was taken at the 2008 NAMM Expo. L To R: Andreas Oberg, Robert Conti, Paul Hipp, Robert Cerceo Esq.

- Conti





Yikes! 12-bar blues on steroids. Yeah, you can readily see why he and Conti are friends.
___

DON'T FORGET...

A FEW SCENES FROM THE BRONSON GVR HANG

First, just stood at the bar and shot Tony Davich in the TV monitor, LOL.

___

ALSO THIS WEEKEND...


FRIDAY NIGHT UPDATE

I got home from Keenan's football game to find a phone message from Lenny Lopez. He's gigging this weekend at Brendan's Pub in the Orleans, with Enrique Corro and David Van Such. I may have to jump over there.
___

11:25 pm, A few shots from Brendan's Pub...

They'll be appearing again tomorrow night. Sounded great.
___

1 comment:

Howard said...

a much easier way to take you mother out is to use a mrswivel. Once you learn the balance pivot technique you can easily transfer her from the wheel chair to the front seat in most cars effortlessly. No lifting. Leave that wheel chair behind and the problems of seat belts and securing the chair. Just learn the magic of balance pivot.